Vokera Compact 24 at it again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we are now past the cold snap (did we ever have one?) and our boiler has started cutting out again. Red light after red light.

If we have the heating on, and draw hot water, it sometimes cuts out and gives a red light. Other times it gets scalding hot, then goes cold as you'd expect, then nice hot water. Is it a thermostat or something worse? (PCB? or something else that'll sting me?)

I considered a replacement (this one is only 3 years old though so reluctant) but a install price for an ALPHA (are these good?) is £1250 + VAT (Is that expensive?!!!

HELP!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
I have an on going problem with the same boiler on my patch.

I have so far replaced PCB + IGN board and Primary Thermistor.

Its still on going after intermittant red light for the last year.

Vokera have not come up with anything yet.

I will also be very interested in anyones opinions

Stan

If fitted and flushed correctly £1250 + VAT seems way too cheap. If you can't get Vokera fixed I'd jump at it :) I would have thought more like £1600 + VAT.

Sponsored Links
Gasman coming tomorrow night. Last night it cut out (Red Light) with just the heating on (didn't draw hot water)

Is it still the domestic thermister? Wish I had £1500 to buy a new boiler!! Is ALPHA a good recommendation if we do go down that road?

boparob said:
Gasman coming tomorrow night. Last night it cut out (Red Light) with just the heating on (didn't draw hot water)

Is it still the domestic thermister? Wish I had £1500 to buy a new boiler!! Is ALPHA a good recommendation if we do go down that road?
Out of the frying pan into the fire if you ask me, but with £1500 you could buy a worcester or a Vaillant.

Stan

OK - Spoken to an area manager from Vokera. A flashing red light indicates a system fault. He states a constant red light indicats a lock out due to the gas supply. Either the gas valve sticking, the regulator on the meter, or demand. He suggests that due to the adverse temperatures we had whilst I had these problems that it was probably the demand.
:confused: I almost tend to agree as it has not cut out now since last Monday (7 days ago now) :LOL:
He recomends a Vokera RC05 remote thermostat that enables reset without going in the loft to reset the boiler.

Am I bening fobbed off or does this sound correct? !! :rolleyes:

I've had similar problems on 2 Lineas. Kept going to red lockout. This was overheating due to scaled up DHW heat exchanger.

Do you live in a hard water area?

Is there a possibility this compact could be suffering as well. I'm not that great an expert on vokeras so would like to know the answer as well ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back