Vokera Compact 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a number of problems with our 3 year old vokera. Main Circuit Boar, Air Pressure Switch, Some other valve to do with the hot water part. All in three years.

Now we get hot water for 1m 40s, then freezing cold water for 2 mins, then hot again, then freezing.

Looks like the heating is doing the same - burning, then nothing.

Any ideas? - Should I call my local gas man who doesn't like Vokeras, or call vokera at £180 but includes all parts and labour??

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler modulate? - ie do the burner flames became smaller as the hot water temperature rises (with the temp control set to minimum). If they do the high limit stat may have a problem - since its only a tenner I'd have your installer change it.

Thanks for the tip. Installer changing Tuesday eve. I'll let you know!
The heating kicked in this morning, and I got hot water but it still goes cold, and the radiators don't get scorching hot like normal, so my guess was a thermostat, but not being a gas techie it was a true guess!! Why do these things cost so much to repair, but are compartively cheap to install a new one? ie installation cost £700 incl parts and lab, yet to repair can cost >£180 via Vokera engineers?? You only need 3 breakdowns before you wish you'd just had a new boiler installed with a 2 year guarantee!!

:mad: The Fan was broken :idea: (Still working but not effectively - all sorts of bits hanging off it)

:confused: Thermostat replaced as a precaution. Hot water does come through a lot quicker now :LOL: . Is this a common problem on Vokera Compacts, 3 years old. :evil: Should I send the broken fan to vokera for an explanation? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Just to cheer you up.I have a vokera excell 80E nothing but trouble.In 8 years it has gone through 3 printed circuit boards 2microswitches 1 ntc resistor 3 pressure/temp.gauges several rubber diaphrams.I Email Vokera they do not reply.Rubbish boilers.Next year I am replacing it with a Worcester which i am told are very good.Hope you solve your problem.

I don't think £700 for install is expensive it is very cheap hence high breakdown rate in my experience (of 30 years) i find all italian & french boilers are unreliable my vaillant ecomax (4 yrs old) retails @ about £1500 but i ain't touched it yet & it has saved me about £700 on my gas bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back