Vokera Excell 80E locks out in the morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Excell 80E boiler and early last week it wasn't coming on in the mornings. The power light which is usually green flashes red and the boiler at lockout red light comes on. When the boiler tried to start up there was a crackling sound. I could reset it and then relight the boiler by switching it to the little flame indicator for 10 seconds and it would work for the rest of the day until the next morning.

So I called in the professionals and after 3 visits and a very cold weekend they fixed it this Tuesday saying there had been a loose electrical connection. It worked fine yesterday but now its back in the same situation. I've called the same company in to come and fix it again but I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong and what's more should I just give up and get a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
The crackling sounds as if you have an electronic ignition model and the ignition lead may be arcing to earth.

Simple type of fault for a boiler engineer!

Tony

Thanks for the reply.

So if this is a simple fault do you think the boiler engineers I'm using aren't all that good and I should try and get someone else in?

Sponsored Links
Maybe on an intermittent fault 3 visits could be justified, not when a boiler does not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back