Volkera Excell 80E not working but showing no red lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Volkera Excell 80E gas boiler is not working though the green 'on' light is on. when you turn on the hot water nothing happens and the radiators are coldHowever there are no diagnostic red LED lights on. Any suggestions of what I can try before I call someone out? Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
The usual fault is a failure of the diverter valve to start the boiler on DHW.

However, in that case the boiler still operates in CH mode.

Have you really checked the boiler on CH ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ah nice one! Thanks. I've got it working in CH so can at least use it until I get the DHW mode working. Brilliant.

With the boiler working on CH and up to temperature, if you run the hot tap ar reduced flow you will get some fair warm water.

Its a bit fiddly but many manage to repair it as a DIY job but we have to charge our customers £106.

Tony

Thanks Tony, yes it is warm enough. I will have to call someone out but to have it working reasonably in the meantime is fantastic so thanks very much.

go get yourself a excell/eclipse service kit will cost you about 20 pounds and download the manual off the vokera site. and change the diapghram and bobbin and youll be as good as new

Nath

go get yourself a excell/eclipse service kit will cost you about 20 pounds and download the manual off the vokera site. and change the diapghram and bobbin and youll be as good as new

Nath

When did you last buy one?

It was about £32 the last time at Rip off Center.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back