vokera excell 80sp expansion problem

That's the AAV your looking at, the expansion vessel is at the back of the boiler and about the size of a bicycle tire and it will be red in colour.

Look in the top of the boiler and you will see it with the same cap you described.

Sponsored Links
Well well well

I never knew that was there ( massive red flat cylinder ) hidden behind the boiler.

OK, pressed the valve for a split second and air came out and it smells like air from a tyre.

Do i lower the pressure of the water when cold to zero bar ( by draining water through the air tap on a radiator ) then pump up pressure in the expansion vessel with a foot pump.

If so, to what pressure with foot pump, and then what ?

Again thanks for your help,

It's all in the FAQ. Undo a drain cock on the pipework, with a hose attached. DO NOT use the PRV to let water out, because you'll probably make trouble for yourself with it leaking. You won't be at the boiler, the gauge isn't particularly accurate so you won't know when the pressure is really at zero. Also the drain cock will probably be dribbling from the part you turn so you'll need to be there to watch it.
If you leave the drain cock open, air will be entering via the automatic air vent so the water will keep running out.
Which is why I said let some more water out after the gauge reads zero, then shut the valve. If you leave the drain cock open while you're at the boiler pumping up the pressure vessel, it'll lose water all the time - far more than 10 litres. On some, but only some, boilers, you could close the automatic air vent, (more likely to confuse the diyer, who has to find it and realise whether it's working or not) which will be letting air in. On many the cap will be missing, or seized, or not fitted by the manufacturer.

Then you pump up the pressure vessel, and check the system pressure hasn't risen. You can go back to the drain cock to see if any water spurts out. Not critical if you end up with some air in the system, at worst you'll have to bleed a rad. Most of it would leave via the auto air vent.

you pushed the pin on the valve (like a tyre valve) and water came out??

Yes you need a new vessel buddy !

Sponsored Links

Nah,he was talking about the AAV mate.

Do try to keep up :)

BTW OP,0.8 Bar recharge pressure for the EV but not critical, then just repressure your boiler to 1.5 bar as usual.

Nah,he was talking about the AAV mate.

Do try to keep up :)

BTW OP,0.8 Bar recharge pressure for the EV but not critical, then just repressure your boiler to 1.5 bar as usual.

I thought so,, thats why I asked again ;)

Looks like he's getting there tho :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back