Vokera Linea 24 Pressure Problem

Assuming that drop wasn't just due to cooling, it gets difficult.

First I'd be looking in the boiler. Does it drop pressure if it isn't in use?

Then it's a matter of looking under floorboards, and isolating sections of pipework to tell what you can.

If the pressure vessel is low on precharge air pressure, it seems worse because a small loss of water means a large drop in pressure, so you could check that. See Faq Section - Boiler Pressure Problems

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:
Dr Andy, your case is quite different. To start with put a recepticle under the prv outlet and report back tomorrow.

OK Paul, I did that

as you can see above, no water coming out from there

You don't say what boiler, is it a combi or a system boiler with a hot water cylinder? Might be leak between primaty and secondary of hot water cylinder. Does cold water storage tank fill up with hot water? Is an overflow continuously leaking?

It is a Vokera Linea 24, combi boiler

It used to be a small pressure drop, now it drops more than 1.0 bar every day

I think it drops only when used, so that prob means the leak is due to the heat efecting the leak

I have ripped up as much flooring as I can and cannot see any leaks, I have checked the prv and no water coming out

it is driving me crazy!

what else could it be?

Sponsored Links
Well, I just did a proper check, turning off the boiler completely

the pressure still drops fairly quickly

does that mean a leak in the pipework? I really can't find one

I had hopes I would get the help I needed here

seems like my problem is one of those "unknowns"!

Top up the pressure to just below 3 bar, you don't really want the prv to kick in. This is to see if you can force the leak to present itself.

I wonder whatever happened to John, the original poster here?

yes, sorry, I seem to have hijacked his thread

maybe some of the kind responses I have got have been useful for him too

anyway, I was looking at my roof outlet and a lot of steam was being issued. Maybe more than normal, which would indicate a leak in the boiler combustion chamber after all.

The pressure drops even when the boiler is not being used, so could it be leaking into the combustion chamber and then getting evaporated later?

You would expect to see it if the combustion chamber cover were removed. A good one looks absolutely bone dry.

I realise you aren't supposed to remove the cover yourself.

Funnily enough I am removing a Linea 24 today to be replaced, though it is an lpg version, the heat exchanger is the same.

You would have to pay a suitably qualified person to satisfy himself this is the problem, and fit it, but I'll bang it in the post at postage cost only if thjat is where your problem lies.. I'll not get the scrap man to pick this one up yet while you find out.

Ordinarily on these boilers this is not an issue, and the one I am removing has other problems but not this one.

I never keep any second hand boiler parts all my boilers are picked up by a scrap man, but as the timing is right, I'll make you this offer at your own risk.

I'm away for a long day so don't expect another communication until late night or tomorrow. The problem is all the lpg stuff is out in middle earth.

thanks for the offer Paul, but I am going away this afternoon for some time (working abroad)

I will have to shut the boiler down whilst I am away and try to get it fixed when I come back. I had hoped to be able to leave it on whilst I was away.

thank you all for your help, very kind

I will let you know what the problem was when I return (I hope!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back