Vokera Linea 28 faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Start from scratch New Vokera Linea 28 boiler / pipework kitchen and bathroom fitted 2007 .
So from day 1 slight knock in boiler and pipework when turning off taps or washing machine ends. Now over the years developed into a bang in boiler and all pipework. 22mm boiler to bathroom turn off taps slowly still bang but not as bad. Fitted water hammer arrester after main stop tap cold feed no change. Bought remote expansion vessel to try
Also a Rattle sounds like carbon particles in pump when running.
Stripped and cleaned Pump, Float Expansion vessel braided pipe nothing excessive found Removed pipe from gas valve to combustion chamber and blown out. Brushed & vacuumed combustion chamber and all internals. Spiders and dust etc.
Listened with bar to ear loudest from DHW heat exchanger
Plus periodically boiler will be working fine then won't fire up but sounds like a machine gun (think coming from gas valve but not had casing off when it occurs) Turn off reset 1 minuet turn on fires up as normal then be OK for 10 mins / 2 hours or even a month no set period.
Fernox F1 fitted 2013 to return before boiler (not collecting any debris)
No forums over the years list any of these faults any HELP would be most welcome
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Is this a Linea HE condensing boiler?

Does it still make the noise with boiler mains power turned off?

Who decided to do all those things?

Tony

Hi Tony,
Standard Vokera Linea 28 combi (not condensing). No noise when turned off at mains or just off at reset control as you would expect. only noisey when fan / pump running rattle loudest in DHW heat exchanger.
Collecting parts for start of summer for planned Flushing full system doing Fernox system cleanse changing both heat exchangers & PCB's removing and flushing 7 double rads in 4 directions New expansion vessel and flexi, strip & de -coke all boiler pipes replacing pump 3 way diverter assembly & motorised valve. De limescale DHW pipework replacing NTC sensors etc then boiler will be back to near original and good for some years to come hopefully. Just need to rid these nagging faults for now. Cleaned out DHW heat exchanger may be a year ago but the boiler has always had a rattle from new which sounded to be coming from the pipe flange on the Main heat exchanger in the NTC sensor area like a piece of loose solder. I had forgotten about until now. This has either gone or is quieter than the noises coming from the DHWHE. I suspect loose limescale or / and carbon deposits as NTC sensors need changing at intervals and are always solid with limescale when error codes arise even though 2 years ago I purchased and fitted electromagnetic anti limescale gismos in various locations to the house cold feed pipework one below the boiler. ( Another waste of money just look busy with flashing LED's ).
One of a mere 50,000 items on my ever growing to do list instigated now mainly due to machine gun fault killing boiler until reset. If we are out with heating timer on I suspect this will continue until timed heating ends and turns boiler off or what ever faulty component over heats and dies or sets on fire. Xmas near by and guarantee it would fail just as we are going out, so attacked now to hopefully rectify faults or at least nurse it through to warmer weather

Since April 2005 all boilers in England were meant to be condensing models.

I vaguely think I have seen Vok heat exchangers ( and others ) making a clicking noise as water passed through them.

If mains water flow noise then the shock arrester should have been fitted by the boiler! [ And also had the pressure set according to the mains supply pressure ]

Tony

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler serviced and stop throwing parts at the boiler without reason is all I am going to say.

You would only need to look here to read that the water devices that wrap a bit of wire round the pipe just don't work.

The magnetic ones do work to a degree but the ones that do work well are the electrolytic ones and the polyphosphate ones but those need the chemical topping up each year which people forget and sometimes make a blockage of jelly like substance in the boiler.

You mention lime scale in the boiler. That would usually mean that you are not in Scotland where the requirement for condensing boilers was later. So if you are in England do you know why your boiler was installed when it should have been a condensing model by 2007 ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back