Vokera Mynute 12E boiler electric advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, looking for a little advice for anyone who can help point me in the right direction.

My central heating runs from the Vokera. It has 2 electric feeds out. one to a Honeywell froststat, and one to a 3a fusebox, which then feeds to a main wall control in another room.

The wall control panel and 3a fuse has blown, so I will need new ones. i put a new fuse in at first but that blew straight away along with a bang at the wall control panel.

I dont need anything sophisticated, just turn on and off frankly with a time setting.

Firstly , are all control panels compatible with the Vokera ? i was looking at this cheap one maybe: http://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-25901sx-single-channel-timeswitch/7635g

And second, before i spend £ on the panel, if i disconnect the current panel, will the boiler work from its own on/off knobs alone so i can test it is still ok first ? Previously , i could start the boiler from its knobs providing the control panel was set to on.
I'm assuming the controls are overidden by "inserting a link wire between terminals 1 & 2" as per the manual.

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Sponsored Links
You need to identify why the fuse is blowing and the correct the fault.

very unlikely that it will be your external controls that are blowing the fuse most likely the pump or possibly the fan but as you say it blows immediately I would think its the pump, dont keep putting replacement fuses in it or you will damage the electronics

The external control panel has definately blown. Its fried inside. That's why I'm assuming that it is the problem. ?
Yeah, I tried 1 new fuse in the fusebox when it first went, thinking the fuse was the problem.

By the way, I just heard a bang originally, tried new fuse, control panel banged again & fuse blew again. Both bangs definately from the control panel, could tell from the noise direction, main appliance is down in the little cellar we have.

Sponsored Links
can you post pics or what you are calling a control panel do you mean a single channel timer ?

Yeah, its single channel timer, wall mounted in kitchen. boiler is in cellar.

this is diagram of problem... to be clear.

OK just so you know the correct terminology your wall control panel is single channel programmer and your 3A fuse box is a fused spur, as you correctly said remove the existing wiring between terminals 1 & 2 and put a link in and that is the external controls completely over ridden if the fused spur still blows the fuse it is within the boiler my bet is the pump but can be other things

Just for your info guys.
Got a replacement single channel programmer off internet for a few £. Same backplate etc but turned out to have slightly different wiring config. So rather than risk anything I got engineer in ( since i needed hot water boiler looking at also ). Turned out it was programmer, internet one fitted & works good.He said same as you guys, never seen that before & thought it was probably going to be a pump fault.
Thanks for help all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back