vokera synegi 28e - intermittent d1 code AND something ELSE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has had an intermittent D1 code for some time, numerous parts replaced, condence trap, condense assembley, condence sensor, and a sensor (black thing) that fits onto the fan, all since May to no avail.

But yesterday I noticed that when the boiler fires up, the red light flashes once not giving a code at all, then eventually it cuts out on the D1 code.

I personally think it is the pcb board but my home assistance wont come out and put right the same fault that is on going that should have been done in may.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi there, yes I did contact vokera but they were less than helpful, talked to me condescendingly, they didn't have any help to offer.

I am having a real problem with the emergency insurance because yesterday I managed to set the boiler for two hours before it cut out again, and they didn't class it as an emergency, they said they were not a maintenance company!

My point is, that I have had them out several times since may and they have not been able to fix the same problem, I paid £125 toward the last repair and nothing has changed. One engineer says it is because we haven't changed the condense pipe, the other said it is nothing to do with that because he took the pipe off an it was clear. (both engineers from same company) My water system is clear too. I will hopefully be getting a new boiler soon, but I have to have a new gas pipe due to the size of the old one. In the meantime I have an engineer coming out again to look at the boiler (the same company) tomorrow morning. I will tell him that I want the burner pressures checked, and I have left the boiler flashing the D1 code so he can test the circuit board too. I feel so stressed and ill because this has gone on too long. Put in a complaint to the emergency assistance company, and now it has gone to the Ombudsmen, as I want the money back for my repair, and for the portable heaters I have bought and compensation for their lack of care. Don't ever go with Shielas wheels emergency assistance insurance, underwritten by DAS limited.!

Sponsored Links
Hi again, and thank you for all your help, can you tell me how the burner pressures would cause a D1 code? because D1 is to do with the condenser, I just need a bit of backup when asking them to check the burner pressures. Many thanks! :LOL:

Had a chat with the service manager who says he's not aware of any of our agents working for the insurers you mention.

Notwithstanding that he would immediately look to the igniter probe for a D01. The last version, pt.no. 10025891, has a grey interrupter in the lead which was introduced to overcome a problem. If there is no interrupter or a black one it's not the latest.

Only other thing would be fan but he would expect you to get an occasional 08 code if that.

Let me know if the insurer's company will get one and fit it for you, less than £20.

Thank you for that information, the engineer has come and gone and ive only just got your message about the ingnitor thing.

Interesting tho, that he took off the silver cover inside the boiler and the panel inside was wet with condensation, right opposite the condense unit and the actual wire sensor, now that shouldn't happen should it? I took photos this time. If he comes out again I will get him to look at the probe, that is obviously a design fault in the first place.

I rang the insurance company and let them know about the cover being wet inside which it should not be.

roll on a new boiler!

If the inside of the combustion chamber is damp, then I still suspect there is a blockage in the condensate pipe work somewhere.

I have had these block quite badly in the pipe that comes from the latent heat exchanger to the condensate trap. This would be my first point of call. Have any on the callers removed this to check?

Your condensate drain also needs checking for blockages between the boiler and the final point it connects to any outlet.

He never checked the pipe today, but in July when he changed the condense unit (around £450) he was instructed by the last engineer (who used to work for vokera) to do so.

The engineer today (if you can call him that) was instructed by his manager to just come out and reset the boiler, nothing more and get out, utter cowboys. I have paid for the pipe which was not fitted, so now I have emailed his company requesting them to come out and fit the pipe, no doubt i will not get a reply.

When the engineer came out today i took photos of the wet boiler cover before he put it back, and I asked him if I could write on his sheet about this wetness, anyway he agreed so i did, an hour later i got a call from his manager saying he had crossed out all i had written because the engineer had allowed me to take my bottom yellow copy of the form myself and it wasnt detached by the engineer, he said that the engineer should have made me aware i couldnt do it myself.

What a shower of crap they are! Does he really think he can get out of leaving the boiler that way for it to break down again? What do you think of that??? I also made a phone call to the insurance company and told them how he left the boiler too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back