Vokera Vibe Max room sealed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a new Vokera vibe max 30 boiler fitted last month and I'm very happy with it so far.
According to the documentation, this is a room sealed boiler like I think most are nowadays, but there seems to be a hole in the bottom of the casing somewhere near the condense drain.
This is fairly large, I would guess around 1 inch diameter and is clearly open to somewhere (can only be the flue) as I can feel a draught coming from this hole especially when it's windy outside. When the boiler is running, I can hear slight whistling noise as if air is being sucked from the room. This noise also stops if I cover the hole with my hand.

Can anyone who has the same boiler confirm if this is normal, or maybe there should be something blanking the hole?

Thanks

Dale

Sponsored Links
1C5830F5-E5A4-49F9-A49B-074626FFF746.jpeg
1C5830F5-E5A4-49F9-A49B-074626FFF746.jpeg
Which one is it? The blanking plate or the one behind the brass nut and copper pipe?

Thanks for the picture, it appears I'm missing the blanking plate from the one on the left then. Should this have come pre installed or did the plumber forget to fit it?

Attachments

• IMG_20230118_074534.jpg
    IMG_20230118_074534.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 33
It's an adhesive plate that seems to have come off. Bear with me on this, There's no part number in the spares book I have. Waste of time calling it in for a visit as the engineer will not have one on the van I'm sure. I'll get back to you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back