vokera vision C fault code A08

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry to interrupt everyones sunday lunch but just hoping to get a bit of advice.
as the title says my vokera vision C has stopped working and is showing an A08 fault code, I`m going to type out exactly what the instructioin manual says.

A08 cause- return thermistor fault- action-check return thermistor, check wiring

cause- return thermistor over temperature- action-reset, check appliance operation

cause-temperature differential inverted-action-reset, check pump, ensure there is sufficient circulation around heating circuits

as you can see there are three possible faults, is there anything I should be doing to remedy this or is an engineer call out needed.
many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It isn't the last one as that is reversed flow (I'm assuming you have not been tamperring with the boiler).

If you reset the boiler and A08 comes up straightaway it'll be the thermistor or cable. I'm assuming you have done this.

If the system wasn't cleaned properly I suppose it could be stuck bypass but unlikely.

Boiler has a 5 year warranty so ring the number and they'll be out to you quite quickly. Spoke to a guy last week who said they had someone to his house in 20 minutes. Do NOT expect that, but usually same or next day.

Flow and return thermistor on this model have 10k reading when cold. If you are an engineer and have a multimeter you can check their readings first.

Flow and return thermistor on this model have 10k reading when cold. If you are an engineer and have a multimeter you can check their readings first.

A 10k at 25 degrees M but maybe I'm splitting hairs. I didn't want the guy to start poking around inside too much.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just a quick follow up. Phoned vokera monday pm and they turned up tuesday morning. Fixed in ten minutes and he was on his way. Great service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back