Vokera Vision noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Vision wich is very noisy when it reaches temperature.
From discussion with Vokera, I suspect that it may be noise from the flu collector.
I have cleaned the condense trap, which may have been blocked (lots of scale).
There is a continual drip of condensate.
Can I investigate any further before getting an Engineer out?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The Visions are sold with a 5 or 7 year warranty and haven't been out that long, call the company and they'll come out to you. 08443910999. Have you had it serviced? You shouldn't really mess with the condensate trap or pipe as it is part of the flue system.

Condensate dripping is fine as long as the boiler is running, have you lost system pressure?

Thanks for your reply.
I have done as you suggested.
I must admit I haven't had it serviced.
Whatever the problem, it may be because I haven't had it serviced.
I just forgot it was there, never a problem. But I will put something in place now.
Thanks again.

A manufacturer is entitled to walk away if the service isn't done annually and the log book filled out, it's on all the paperwork. Nobody looks at that as long as they are warm and can wash in hot water:)

Get boiler serviced each year and when 09 appears in the display it will tell you it needs a full service (usually about 5-7 years)

Sponsored Links
Exactly!

I am amazed that so many don't bother to get their boilers serviced to keep the warranty!

A five year warranty is a very valuable part of the boiler and so silly to compromise!

Tony

Actually Vokera will, depending on the circumstances, accept an unserviced boiler back under warranty if the customer allows them to service the boiler first (a chargeable service and I think about £70). Not a bad deal I thoght when I heard of it.

But presumably not if there is any fault on it?

But that's the only time most owners think about servicing their boilers.

I had a text to go and do a gas check on a boiler and gas fire. It was not a landlord's or a routine check but both were faulty!

But presumably not if there is any fault on it?

But that's the only time most owners think about servicing their boilers.

I had a text to go and do a gas check on a boiler and gas fire. It was not a landlord's or a routine check but both were faulty!

Yes Tony, they service it, check all is OK then accept it back under warranty. Not many manufacturers do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back