Vokera Boiler & Nest Saga...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I realise this is Nest installation post number ten billion - I've looked around online for ages.

My new house has a Vokera boiler and I have spent most of the morning looking at wiring diagrams and scouring the internet... There is very little on Vokera and Nest.

I have removed my nest heat link from the Veissmann boiler in my old house (I installed this - it worked fine) and am trying to figure out the wiring for the heat link in my Vokera. At present I kind wish I had taken the boiler with the nest.

I have the Vokera Vision 25C and its a Nest 3rd Gen.

The Vokera wiring diagram is attached. I basically know where to get the Live and Neutral from. I am wondering where to wire the heating controls in... Essentially do I wire them into the M2 thermostat control on the diagram? Or the CN5 circuit board?

My options are CN5 as then I can leave the boilers inbuilt controls off or use them as an override... Or wire into M2 and set the boilers own built in controls to have the central heating constantly on... Have I got this right? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

PS Boiler instruction manual is here: https://www.vokera.co.uk/wp-content...C-User-Installation-and-Servicing-manual2.pdf

Attachments

• Vokera%20Vision%2030C%20Wiring%20Diagram.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 690
Sponsored Links
Set the on board clock to 24 hrs or ON and connect the voltage free contacts of nest to M2. Doing it this way means the on board clock will display and store store any alarms the boiler may have and the service timer/reminder will work. DO NOT put 240V through this timer or board as mentioned above.

Got it sorted and it works a treat! Many thanks. I even emptied the sludge from the condensate trap as it had directions printed on it.

One quick question I took photos upon opening the boiler - before I had touched anything. Whats the rubber tube that appears to be hanging around for (see pictures)?
IMG_4450.JPG
IMG_4451.JPG
??? Its bone dry and was there when I opened it. Boiler works fine???

Sponsored Links
Thanks... What is it? What does it do???

I take it that is the left hole in the photo below? Does it matter that it seems to have been disconnected for ages?

IMG_4472.JPG

The one on the left here?

IMG_4475.JPG

no it goes onto the top spigot on the gas valve, the silver thing to the right of where you were talking about, it is the fan pressure compensation tube it tells the gas valve what pressure is in the combustion chamber.

Thanks for that... I've hunted through the instructions and cannot find this.

It now looks like the photo below. I have connected it to the only projecting metal that does not house a brass/copper looking screw.

At the base of the projecting metal stalk it is attached too is a metal looking pinhole surrounded by white plastic. Furthermore the tube seemed to seat there nicely.

This look right?

IMG_4478.JPG

Here is what the inside of the tube - that it is connected too looks like... Still (even with the name) cannot find reference to this in the manual (linked above)...

IMG_4483.JPG

Thanks Ian, your a legend...

So I now have it connected to the port, with the tiny hole, surrounded by white in the photo below:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 14.48.02.png

That is the correct one, you wont really notice much difference to be honest, but your boiler will work slightly more efficient

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back