Volt free thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was trying to install my wireless thermostat on my combi boiler, it' a single channel receiver, its different to what I had on my old boiler, can any body help as I don' understand what wire runs from the block cn5 to the receiver , then from the receiver to the male connector,
15102435383051456611308.jpg 15102435871141804477842.jpg
many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The Hive single channel thermostat voltage free contact terminals are 'Common' (Terminal 1) and 'Heating On' (Terminal 3)

The two wires labelled "Room Thermostat 24V. Note use contacts free of voltage" that are presently connected to your existing thermostat, go to the the Hive receiver terminals 1 and 3. it doesn't matter which way around they go, it is just a switch.

The Hive receiver also needs a 230V supply connecting to the Neutral and Live terminals N & L to provide it with power. This supply to the receiver should be connected to the same mains supply as the boiler, and fed from the same fused supply. The Hive doesn't need an earth, so park it in the 'earth tether'

If your boiler has an integral timeswitch i.e. time control wasn't provided by your original thermostat, then it should be set to be permanently 'on' otherwise it will interfere with the Hive.
I don' understand what wire runs from the block cn5 to the receiver , then from the receiver to the male connector,
I can't say anything about the above unfortunately, because I can't see your photo clearly enough and you don't say what make / model it is. However you should now be able to work it out for yourself from my comments earlier.

Sponsored Links
Back