Voltage drop

Well, at least it wasnt in series. Nice professional job though.
Pic 1. As it was when it came out of ground. Notice cracked resin bottom left and soil around main connector

Sponsored Links
20200607_114059.jpg
20200607_114059.jpg

And then lifted the supply ...note soil and bare conductors.
20200607_114118.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have been using a 2.5 Kw log splitter from that spur! I had assumed that the cable size in the shed was the same 16mm as in the pump house. Never bothered to look. Amazing it lasted that long...and I am still breathing.

So unfortunately noe need to hire cat4 detector to find the junction into the garage. If same techniques used...will have to fix and then replace entire cable run. All thanks to the cowboyscwho bodged this! Thanks for all your help.

Question for you. If I terminate the open cables, place in a junction box and fill with resin, is there a problem leaving the cable in the ground? No short detected with open cicrcuit? Cable would be live with no connections accesible?

May be easier to create new spur in garage and provide new cable?

It looks as if they ran out of resin part way through making the joints. The plastic is only intended to make a former, to contain the resin which is poured into the joint.

Harry, the resin ran straight out of the hole they cut in the plastic case to take the spur. There was a massive blob of it on the underside of the joint. It was never going to last!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back