vw 1995 1.8se

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right just a quick one - front of engine block there is a part which the water hoses all connect to and go into engine - this has been leaking water (seal? but the plastic part does look warped too) question is would this stop it from starting ? it turns over but will not kick in. lack of compression ?

before i start spending money on it i just want to to know if its worth fixing

Sponsored Links
Leaks from this housing would have no direct effect on the engine starting - but if coolant has been lost then there will probably be cylinder head gasket issues......have a compression test done to check this out first.
John :)

right just a quick one - front of engine block there is a part which the water hoses all connect to and go into engine - this has been leaking water (seal? but the plastic part does look warped too) question is would this stop it from starting ? it turns over but will not kick in. lack of compression ?

before i start spending money on it i just want to to know if its worth fixing

Sounds like the water pump has failed, and engine has severely overheated, causing head warp?

Fill the radiator up, put cap on, turn engine over (as it won't start), and remove rad cap, is water low, and being chucked out the exhaust? (when cold)

Sponsored Links
Back