vw golf 2001 1.6

pef

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a problem with my golf for a while now it is not starting as it should do. some times i will get in and it will start first time but others i will start the engine and the car starts spluttering and juderring and when you put your foot down on the accelerator there is no power, you then have to wait for a couple of minutes with the engine still ticking over and the car suddenly revs like mad and starts. I have just paid £600 for a number of things like alternators, exhausts and catalyst convertors and the problem is still ongoing. Some one has said that the throttle body may need a clean? Has anyone else had this problem? or can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
id clean the throttle body out just as a maintenance job but it sounds more fuel related. Any idea when it was last serviced ?

throttle body causes most probs on the 1.6. however it should be fully removed and the butterfly gently opened while using intake cleaner and a toothbrush sized cleaning brush. dont let the butterfly snap shut. It should then be re adapted to the ECU to get its position right using diagnostic equipment. Sometimes driving the car around so it can learn its values will do this

Sponsored Links
Back