VW Golf jump starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a flat battery on my VW golf mark 2 car and as a result I jump started it having no access to jump leads. Since then it's driving well, however the engline oil light and coolant temperature light remain permanently on despite there being enough oil and water and water in the car. The car computer is also showign 00.00 as if ther has been a technical fault. Can anyone help me please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bad connection on one of the battery terminals/leads.

Does it start OK now?

Your problem is most likely to be related to trying to start with the low voltage from the battery. It can confuse various computers on the car.

Try taking the battery earth lead off overnight. If that doesn't work you will probably need to get related fault codes cleared by someone with diagnostics.

I'm assuming you meant 'bump started' since you said you didn't have access to jump leads! Probably for the best since jump starting modern cars without using spike protection can cause damage to the ECU.

Sponsored Links
Try taking the battery earth lead off overnight. If that doesn't work you will probably need to get related fault codes cleared by someone with diagnostics.
ECU.

Yes good idea, I never thought of that. After disconnecting the battery, we join the two battery terminals together.

Back