Wacker plate not moving forward Belle PCLX 320

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have hired a wacker plate out. Initially it was working but then started vibrating less and stopped moving forward. Tried again a few times, might get a few feet or nowhere.
I had an exchange this morning and it's doing exactly the same. Am I doing something wrong or is it a common fault? It initially worked for a few seconds, I reduced throttle til I was ready and then it just wouldn't move again.

It starts with out choke, the hire company keep telling me the choke needs to be on but it won't start with it on and if I put it on after it starts it simply floods and cuts out.

The fuel is fully open, choke off, throttle on full. Engine is running but doesn't seem to run as fast as initial one did. And just won't move.

Is there anything I can do without taking it apart? They are sending another replacement but not until tomorrow and are implying I'm doing something wrong.

Sponsored Links
Ask them to demonstrate it.
They said get the driver to show me.. The drivers don't have any clue. They would not send anyone out. I had no problem initially so don't think I did anything wrong considering the 2nd one came doing the same ‍♂️

Sponsored Links
Wacker plates need their 'whack' to actually bounce their way around - I'd suggest that the drive to the front weight has failed for some reason.
John :)
Is that a Comon fault? Just thought it was strange getting 2 with the same problem. The first worked for a couple of hrs. The second one came like that.

On the machines I have seen (I don't use them, just repair them), the motor drives a purposely unbalanced rotating mass fixed to the bottom wacker plate - this makes the machine so unbalanced that it dances along the ground, compacting as it goes.
The only thing I can suggest - if the hire company can't oblige - is to run the machines at varying RPM to see what works best. Often if the machine is running too fast it tends to balance out a fraction.

On the machines I have seen (I don't use them, just repair them), the motor drives a purposely unbalanced rotating mass fixed to the bottom wacker plate - this makes the machine so unbalanced that it dances along the ground, compacting as it goes.
The only thing I can suggest - if the hire company can't oblige - is to run the machines at varying RPM to see what works best. Often if the machine is running too fast it tends to balance out a fraction.
Thanks John,
The hire company has swapped it out and all good so far. Just couldn't figure out if it was me having 2 with the same problem. Its just taken 4 days to do a 1 day job.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Much appreciated.

Thanks John,
The hire company has swapped it out and all good so far. Just couldn't figure out if it was me having 2 with the same problem. Its just taken 4 days to do a 1 day job.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Much appreciated.

That will be John then. :LOL::LOL:

I believe there is a clutch mechanism involved. If the revs are not achieved the clutch will not engage, thus no 'dancing' - no movement.
Some machines have a clutch cable / belt or similar mechanism.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back