WAGO and use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading different reviews about WAGO’s are they any good? Not to be used ??

need to replace my plastic Crabtree split load board with a metal one and adding SPD

Sponsored Links
Reading different reviews about WAGO’s are they any good? Not to be used ??
They are good, when used for their intended purposes, in the way that they are intended to be used.
need to replace my plastic Crabtree split load board with a metal one and adding SPD
How does that statement relate to the questions above? As I presume you know, replacing a CU is a 'notifiable' job.

Kind Regards, John

Maybe not with the Wago name, but I came across these first in 1980 in Algeria working for a Dutch company, so have been around for a long time, when compared to the crimp they seem to work better with solid wires of small sizes, but as cable sizes increase then the crimp seems to be better. However they a bulky compared with crimp, so I would lean towards the crimp also you can get crimps with shrink coverings making them water proof, not seen this with Wago type connector.

As for a consumer unit move see no point is half wago and half crimp, and wago do not cater for larger sizes. And crimps far better with multi core cables.

Sponsored Links
They are good for certain things but sometimes other connectors are more suitable. It depends on the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back