Wago connectors for ring and spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

After some advise please. I have a bedroom socket with 3 wires to each terminal. 2 for the ring and then a spur that runs to a socket in the living room.
It's very tight and I want to extend the wires slightly so I can replace socket. Can I use 4 way wago connectors behind the socket to join the ring and spur and then use short wires to the socket? Or would this effectively be creating two spurs at one point?

Grateful for any advise

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do that.
You can use any suitable connector.

Old fashioned connector blocks take up less room than Wagos.

Wouldn't an old fashioned screw down connector block be taller than a 221 wago? I can see that the wagos will be wider but in this case, wouldn't they be thinner?

Sponsored Links
I haven't measured their respective volumes :) - but surely all four wires going into the same hole must take up less room than four side by side.

Plus, of course, the OP did not state which type of connector he was going to use.

Reactions: CBW
Yeah, I'll prob use wagos just because they are easy and I'm used to them. I was just concerned that I was effectively taking two spurs off the ring at the same point. But I guess it doesn't matter how many spurs you have on one connector as long as the connector is rated as 32 amps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back