Wago connectors can they be used here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Firstly apologies for the rubbish diagram … not easy drawing free hand on a phone lol

Key

Green fused spurs… 13A mains in , 3 amp lights
Orange - Wago connector
Blue - sockets
Red - mains live

Is it possible or should I say acceptable to have a mains live coming into a 13Amp spur then the out going to a 3 way Wago then going to a lighting 3 amp spur and two sockets?

Usually I’d wire these in parallel but would be far easier this way

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5486.png
    IMG_5486.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
If you mean you have a fused connection unit fed off the circuit which is fused at 13A that is going on to feed two sockets and a further fused connection unit which is fused at 3A feeding some lighting, that seems fine. As long as the loads are connected to the load terminals of the first FCU and the lighting loads to the load terminals of the second FCU (which has been fused down to 3A), that's fine.

Sponsored Links
Efl thanks for your reply … I did consider that but trying to squeeze three cables in the back seemed a bit of a squeeze lol

Secure thanks for your reply … exactly what you have said !

One t+e off the first spur, dasiy chain the second, do away with the wagos. Lighting spur from fused spur, do away with the second. Will be a bit tight so use a deep back box.

Blup

Lighting spur from fused spur,
Also socket spur from fused spur.

So socket fused spur to socket spur and lighting fused spur then to lighting spur.

Surely the socket spur and lighting spur are the fused spurs. Perhaps there is another name for the fused spurs to make it less confusing.

You would think someone would have pointed out the silliness of the misnomer before now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back