Wago Push fit vs clamp style connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What to people prefer?

I have only started using these and I have heard mixed reviews about the ability of the push fit connectors to stay fitted.

If you use them, what do you prefer, the lever operated connectors or the push fit ones?

Sponsored Links
Started using the Hellerman Tyton push fit ones recently and cant fault them, its easier to pull a wire out of a choc-block than one of them!

I've used both the push fit and the cage clamp ones on a few jobs now (all accessable connections) and never had any issues. I always give the cables a tug once they are in the connector just to ensure a good connection is made.

The push fit are obviously lower rated and so are physically smaller, I tend to use the 2 & 4 terminal pushfits for looping in at lightswitches. Much neater than a bit of choc block, although a bit more pricey.

I quite like the little yellow wago connetors.

I've found anything above the two way connectors to be quite bulky in say a switch box when compared with a normal piece of strip connector.

Sponsored Links
I have used thousands of wago din rail mounted screw less terminals

I cannot fault them and they save hours

As for replacing strip connectors I like the wagos which have the little levers on each clamp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back