Waiting for the doc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I don't very often have cause to visit the doctors so i'm looking to others to give a wider and 'average' view on this.

How long do you typically have to wait to see a doctor at your local surgery? I don't mean how long you end up sat in the waiting room - my wife has been feeling ill for a few days and rung the surgery this morning for an appointment. The next available appointment is Thursday 8th April. Is this a common period to have to wait these days? Or should we be making some sort of complaint that she can't see someone sooner? I last went to the doctor (same surgery) approximately 9 months ago and got an appointment the same day I rang up?

Surely, if whatever is wrong with the missus is not serious, it's likely to have least started curing itself by the 8th April? And if it is something serious, can it wait more than two weeks? Seems unacceptable to me but i'm not sure if its just normal??

Sponsored Links
Ive had a rottten cold for a fortnight now.
Yesteday my chest wasnt feeling good so of I went to the doctors.
Not an emergency appointment or anything.
I was gived an appointment for 75minutes time! How good is that?
I very rarely use the doctor so cant say if thats usual.
People like to knock the NHS but I have to say they have always been there when I or my familly have needed them.

There's so many malingerers, shirkers and overall lazy, good for nothing, benifit grabbing, que jumping, don't wanna do nothing but claim benefit for it, bogus back aching, turds, that go to the doctors everyday with the smallest make believe ailment, so there's no room for the real needy patients,, people who never normally go to the Doctor's, unless it's really necessary,, they have to wait their turn.. Brown's Britain,,,,, it stinks. :mad:

Should be able to get same day appointment, I either call up about 8.30am or go to the surgery at that time, and get an appointment that morning.

Sponsored Links
There's so many malingerers, shirkers and overall lazy, good for nothing, benifit grabbing, que jumping, don't wanna do nothing but claim benefit for it, bogus back aching, turds, that go to the doctors everyday with the smallest make believe ailment, so there's no room for the real needy patients,, people who never normally go to the Doctor's, unless it's really necessary,, they have to wait their turn.. Brown's Britain,,,,, it stinks. :mad:

thats funny that non off the people in my doctors surgery have lables on :D :D ;)

Pretty quick round me, can't really fault the NHS. Hard working dedicated pros's in my experience.

Definately not knocking the NHS. Our 4yr old son has had some problems with his back over the last 18 months and they've been fantastic with him - if anything, too cautious. And as I said, last time I went to the docs i got an appointment the same day, I can't remember ever waiting more than 24hours for an appointment.

Two weeks justs seems a complete joke to me. Maybe there are some particular circumstances at the moment that has led to this huge waiting time??

Have to say the very infrequent times i have visited the Doctors, can get an appoitment the same day by ringing up before 9am.

I can get an appoitment the same day by ringing up before 9am but I then have to go on google when I get home to find out what is wrong with me, and what pills I will need, then get another appoitment the next day to tell the quack how to sort the problem out.

Sponsored Links
Back