Bloods chaos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They keep a close eye on my renal function remotely, by requesting I get blood samples done at my local surgery, just prior to a phone call from my consultant after the samples have been analysed. Idea is, they send out the pre-labelled plastic bags a few weeks before they are due, every six months.

Everything worked absolutely fine, when I went in to renal department for the blood sampling followed by the face to face with the consultant, but now it's just total complete chaos. I have a phone appointment on the 8th, for the consultant to ring, but it has been chaos with different departments sending me out pre-labelled blood sample packs.

I needed just one set of the sample packs, but since my last appointment in August I have had no less than seven such packs delivered and confusingly they are not even all the same, nor even from the same departments. I have of course let them know and even had them send out just one special pack which included all the the packs they needed as one, which would allow me to bin all of the rest. They did that, but it was followed the next day by yet another pack. The accompanying letter was dated 23rd Dec, 2021, the envelope post marked 31st Jan 2022 and delivered on the 1st.

To add to my confusion, the accompanying letter just says 'to get them done around one or two weeks before your next appointment'. They don't ever even indicate which appointment they are for.

They claim they have been inundated by numerous other similar complaints about patients being flooded with the blood sample requests and are to be having a meeting to sort the issue out.

Is this just a local problem, or are others being flooded with sample requests?

Sponsored Links
Back