Wales Vs Ukraine

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Welsh Dragon is a myth, as are Welsh footballing skills.
Carries slightly more clout than 3 leopards named Rollo ,Maine, and Acquitaine.
All linked to FRENCH invasions. LOL.

Carries slightly more clout than 3 leopards named Rollo ,Maine, and Acquitaine.
All linked to FRENCH invasions. LOL.
A good point - i wonder if our flag would be different if Harold had beaten the Normans; a White Dragon on a green field, perhaps?

The dragon 'motif' is not meant to be reminiscent of a mythical dragon encounter, like with St George. It's from the 'Draco', more like the ornamental Chinese dragons you see at festivals. The Romans would go into battle with a metal draco with glowing coals in its mouth, at the head of the army. Hence, the breathing fire. It spans the first second and third millennia as a Welsh symbol; though obviously not as the flag, which is quite modern, I believe.

The dragon 'motif' is not meant to be reminiscent of a mythical dragon encounter, like with St George. It's from the 'Draco', more like the ornamental Chinese dragons you see at festivals. The Romans would go into battle with a metal draco with glowing coals in its mouth, at the head of the army. Hence, the breathing fire. It spans the first second and third millennia as a Welsh symbol; though obviously not as the flag, which is quite modern, I believe.
You are mistaken. The tale of the Red and White dragon is what i alluded to - it's an allegory and probably based on historical events.

You are mistaken if you think I was responding to your allusion!

I think it'd look very cool.
412vrYxDl1L._AC_SX425_.jpg

We are the English

Sponsored Links
Back