Walked away from a job today, what would you have done ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Turned up at time arranged, knocked on door twice, no answer, spoke to neighbour, she said the lady takes ages to answer the door !, I asked was she an invalid, she said no !!, knocked on back door, waited ages, young lad 16/17 years old bare feet answers, I said Iv'e come about the boiler, I looked inside the door, kitchen absolute tip of unwashed pots and rubbish and smelly, I asked if he had any money, he said no, I asked so who is paying if I fix the boiler, he said he knows someone who will pay, asked are they here now ?, he said no, I said I'm off, jumped in van and went.

What would you have done, waste of bloody time and Diesel :evil:

Sponsored Links
Been there mate.

Corgiman is spot on.

Send them a bill for the callout, regardless of whether she pays or not maybe she'll show some respect in future.

Been there mate.

Corgiman is spot on.

Send them a bill for the callout, regardless of whether she pays or not maybe she'll show some respect in future.

You plumbers get paid for sitting on your arse and putting the pedal to the metal?

Christ! Anyone looking for an apprentice out there with zilch exp?

Sponsored Links
I've changed this to a joke

Turned up at time arranged, knocked on door twice, no answer, spoke to neighbour, she said the lady takes ages to answer the door !, I asked was she an invalid, she said no !!, knocked on back door, waited ages, young lad 16/17 years old high heels, basque and fishnets, lipstick and the hair all waxed with a breezer in his hand answers.
I said Iv'e come about the boiler, are your parents in.
Lad :rolleyes: does it fkn look like they are :LOL:

Some people are totally inadequate. But I always ask if they are the owner or tenant. If tenant then we ask for the diagnostic fee to be paid before we start.

Once I went just 25 min after we were called and found someone already working on the boiler!

I send a bill for £36 when we make an abhortive visit. Rarely paid but it makes the point and hopefully they will be more careful the next time.

Tony

Had a bad feeling from the outset, could barely understand the answer phone message, their English wasn't bad, but the eastern accent was so strong it was hard to understand what was said, all the way to the job my gut instinct was saying not good not good not good not good, but I went anyway as you do, gut instinct was right, also not a window open so no wonder smelly, all windows steamed up, hope I haven't got Bird Flu just by poking head round the door to look at the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back