Wall anchors and directional force

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI guys
Hope all is well.
Just a quick one. I have 8 mollys in a ceiling that I have used to create an anchor point for a pan rack using 4 Two Hole 5mm Eyeplate. these have a semicircle eye on a solid base plate.
What I am wondering is this.
The pan rack is slightly larger than the anchor point. Will it be less likely to cause problems if the weight of the pan rack is straight down on the anchor rather than being at an angle on the eyeplate. Though process is that the direction of force will be pulling equally on both of the screw points of the eye plate rather than potentially having a sideways pull force on it as well as down.
Hope that makes vague sense and thanks for any advise. its no problem to cut the pan rack down a little.
J

Sponsored Links
Not heard of mollys.?
Sounds convoluted, simpler to install timber from above in correct location.

Yeah the Molly's were already in place and don't want to have to start removing bits of ceiling.
Molly's are black and decker plaster board screws. They go in and when snapped open form a solid anchor point. Think the general question is am I safer having the full force pulling down on the two screws from the anchor or will that make limited difference compared to a slight angled pull.

Sponsored Links
Doubt it will make much difference, probaly pull out regardless, they are not designed for sudden jerky movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back