Wall anchors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a disaster but not sure where else to post. I have removed a tv bracket fixed to a hollow wall with metal wall anchors. When I removed one screw it was very loose and felt like it wasn’t held in place like it should be. The anchor is also starting to come out of the wall. I want to remove it completely, causing the least damage because I would like to replace it like for like. I have looked online on how to remove them - suggestion is to screw a screw in, bang with a hammer to close up the anchors. However, I can’t screw the screw back in to do that. Any other ideas?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Probably obvious answer but why can't you screw the screw back in? You could try a slightly bigger screw and try and cut a new thread. It doesnt need to actually screw into the anchor, just be big enough that when you give the hammer a clout it will push out the end of the anchor.

Thanks. I have tried something else apart from the screw but it just goes straight in all the way through and doesn’t hit any resistance. Will try again

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I have tried something else apart from the screw but it just goes straight in all the way through and doesn’t hit any resistance. Will try again

It need to be narrow enough to go in, but not so narrow as to pass through the threaded section. You might find it beneficial, to put something between the socket's shoulder, between shoulder, and wall surface, to limit the damage to the plaster. Something like a flat U shaped bit of metal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back