wall building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) hi all, i`m going to build a 4 sided wall for my fish pond out of breeze blocks, the blocks will be layed flat and 4 blocks high, what i would like to know please is do i lay the mortar "5 to 1 mix" to cover the complete block or just along both the longest edge, cheers mick :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the flippancy, but:
You're going to need quite a few sausages, aren't you. Are you planning on using 'Wall's' sausages, 'cos they should be guaranteed.

I suppose if you do run out of sausages you could use slices of bacon. But they won't beef the wall up so much!

:eek: ;)

Stop giving out porkies Red when you know that the building trade is all about peas and carrots.

I can't think of a reasonable riposte, so I s'pose I'd better answer the op, having taken a bit of michael.

A full bed and full perps (vertical joints).
Strike the joints towards the end of the days session to inprove the appearance and improve weather/rain shedding qualities.
Hey, I've even got the lingo now.

Sponsored Links
Waste of time laying these flat - and you have twice as many joints.

If you insist on laying them flat, then don't bond alternate courses like a normal wall or you risk having the blocks crack with slight movement. Lay every two courses with straight joints and then bond the next two courses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back