Block garden wall - stuck on mix ratio and quantities?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am planning on building a garden wall which I will later render. It is 9m in length and 5 blocks (laid flat on their edges) high - so will be approx half a meter high. I plan to lay them flat because I'd like a decent width to the wall and it seems the quickest and easiest way to achieve this.

What mix mortar would you recommend please, and how much of everything should I order?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
90 concrete blocks - light/medium 3N or thereabouts - not thermalite or celcon or "areated" type.
250 kgs of sand - in 20/25 kg bags or just get a 1 tonne bag
4 bags cement - 3to1 mix

Don't forget the foundations, which may also alter how many blocks you need above ground and below.

Also consider if you want the render to go all the way to ground level, as this risks it being detached by frost. Similarly consider the capping to protect the wall and render.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back