Wall/ceiling sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a wall and ceiling sander with a vacuum, anyone got any links?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven’t tried it yet - I only have one ceiling to do.
I got a Trojan sander (225 mm) off eBay as a repair/ return for about £60
It has a hose and bag but I plan to connect my Aldi wet and dry fitted with a HEPA bag

Wall and ceiling?

If you mean plastered walls then I would recommend a 150mm random orbital sander. It will be a PITA for ceilings though.

My set up is Festool but Mirka very good.

If you are talking about sanding tape and join plasterboard, you might want to look at the 225mm telescopic sanders. Festool, Vitex et al sell those. It is however worth noting that that dust from either sander will clog dust extractors bags very quickly. A £600+ dust extractor will agitate the bag to make the dust fall off the inner surface of the bag- thereby helping to maintain suction.

A significantly cheaper option will be something like the Mirka Handy sanders. They are sanding pads that connect to a dust extractor. I often use them for hand sanding.

Sponsored Links
After Tigers post, I looked what screwfix have and think I might get this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolutio...VVIBQBh21_AwWEAQYASABEgIq2_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Andy

Please do provide feedback. TBH, I have never spent that little on a sander. I don't own a giraffe type sander. I have read that some are very heavy to operate.

With regards to the dust extractor, I recall Job'n'knock linking to a very reasonably priced M class dust extractor a while ago.
From memory, it might have been a V-Tuff. I have no idea how long the hose is though.

Vacuum won't be up for that unless you got a proper drywall vacuum.
Will work so ware a mask and expect dust in the air as vacuum bag blocks up.
It's also very noisy so get ear defenders with cheap shop vac and sander. Also the cheap giraffe sanders are shoulder killers but do the job for a diy person.
150mm orbital I use mostly with 100 to 180 grade mesh.
Mirka are the market leaders but that is pro stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back