Wall hung toilet pan, how secure and safe are they?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to install a wall hung toilet system that comes with the metal frame. Looking at all these systems they all have similar installation method where there is essentially two bolts coming out of the metal frame. The toilet pan the. Hangs on these two bolts flush against the wall and frame.

My main concern is how secure are these? Like I know ceramic is quite fragile too. Like if two bolts are come out and attaching the the pan, surely there must be some sort of plastic sleeve so that the metal bolt isn’t directly on the ceramic and how do you know how much to tighten the nut? Because I’ve heard people overtighten nuts on ceramic causing the ceramic to crack. So essentially that entire toilet pan weight plus the person sitting on it is being held by the two bolts ?

Sponsored Links
They have been stress tested to take heavy loads, details of which can be be found in the specs sheet.

Sponsored Links
They're used all over the world including in many hotels. They're perfectly strong enough

My main concern would be having something substantial enough to fix the frame to.
Of course, the metal frame is only as strong as what it's fitted to. Needs to be suitably anchored into the floor and brick wall or well secured wooden framing.

Thank you all for your replies. It’s reassuring :)

I’m looking to get the Gerberit UP320 frame with the Sigma cistern. How do I know which toilet pans are compatible with this frame?

Thank you all for your replies. It’s reassuring :)

I’m looking to get the Gerberit UP320 frame with the Sigma cistern. How do I know which toilet pans are compatible with this frame?
Pretty sure they're standardised - the position of the flush pipe, soil pipe and mounting studs in relation to each other and the ground are universal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back