Wall insulation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After getting some great advice from the roofing community, it is sadly time I try and pick your guys brains.

I was originally looking to cold roof insulate my out building and have built an internal stud wall 50mm from the single brick wall.

The intention was to allow air to flow around the back of the walls, and continue up into the cross ventilation of the cold roof.

However.. I have since decided the best plan of action is come summer next year, I change this roof for a warm roof.

I wan to get on with the wall insulating to try and keep my electricity bills down over the cold weather though.

Given what I have done, does this no longer work if I have changed my mind to a warm roof?

What is the correct method to insulate the walls with a warm roof?

Images for reference.

My concern now is, if the roof is warm, the cool air from the cavity I have built between the single brick and stud wall is now cooler, and this can currently travel upwards where I had intended to allow continuous air flow.

Should I have fixed the insulation straight to the brick and not had a cavity? Should I have taken the uprights all the way to the roof?

Thanks for any advice.

20231031_201932.jpg

20231101_134327.jpg

20231101_134341.jpg

20231101_134353.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back