Wall lights too dim???

just looked at the other light, neutral is on the left, live on the right, they'd be the same wouldn't they?

Sponsored Links
Can you check which wire is connected to the centre pin with a multimeter? You will need to disconnect the lamp for a few seconds to do this.
Edit, probably the same as the other, but nice to be 100% certain.

Sponsored Links
I suspect it doesn't actually matter on the plastic ES lampholders, but I am old fashioned and still make sure it is live on the centre contact.

Also BS7671 still calls for it to be done like this.

yeah, tomorrow, I'll get one from a lad at work,

I'm pretty tempted to wire it as per the other light and flick the switch...what's the implications if it's wrong?, considering that for the past 24 hours it's had a neutral going to the live anyway?

As far as I'm aware the only implication is if you try to change the lamp and get your fingers wrapped around the base!! It should work as intended.

done it, works a treat, now as bright as my centre light and once again i'm unscathed lol.

cheers again for all your help guys. Really appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back