Wall mounted SES light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find a wall mounted SES/E14 pendant or lamp holder. I have seen various ones but they all seem to be for lamps/lights.

What is the best way to attach one of these to a wall. It's for a small area, I don't want to spend a great deal and I specifically need E14/SES which is the most annoying part.

Sponsored Links
Hi, i have seen them on Ebay in chrome or brass try searching for batten holder.

They do exist !

Regards,

DS

I am not sure what you are looking for? I used these from Toolstation these are typical low voltage SES (E14) max 40W bulbs and are designed to be fitted to the wall.

It seems nearly every wall lamp I find is E14 (SES) so the question does not seem to make sense.

I wonder if it's the names which have caused you a problem? I consider mains as meaning 230 volt AC and low voltage ac is between 50 - 1000 volts so our mains is called low voltage.

The 12 volt stuff is called EXTRA low voltage is this what has caused you a problem?

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry iam lost as to what you are looking for , as Ericmark has said your question is unclear.

Regards,

DS

Hey sorry I was a bit slow in replying.

Yes OwainDIYer that is the kind of thing I was looking at and I wasn't sure how they went together.

I was specifically thinking if you could get a E14/SES in this...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-batten-lamp-holder-white/93835

that suggestion from OwainDIYer may resolve the problem, I can't see anything else I can use that is similar.

I was going to connect it to the mains 220v with a fused plug on the wall.

a wall mounted SES/E14 pendant
So the flex would come out of the rose which you've fixed to the wall, head downwards to the lampholder, and the bulb would rest against the wall.

Why on earth would you want that?

I was going to connect it to the mains 220v with a fused plug on the wall.
So you're planning to have a light fitting on the wall, with a flex coming from it, with a plug on the end?

That will look really, really naff.

I can understand I bought the light I showed when my mother was having a problem getting in and out of bed on the ground floor. I am sure in next 10 years it will all be ripped out if not sooner she is 90 now but wanted something quick and easy so she can switch the light on and off at bed and door. It is simply plugged in behind bed so can't see wires.

Not sure why you want SES although I have found LED easier to get as SES than BA22d. Never worked out why but GU10 seems the easiest to find as LED.

It's SES as I have lots of SES bulbs and also have an SES to G4 convertor and too many G4 bulbs spare, hence I have been trying to get an SES holder.

And how long before the running costs of G4 halogens start to outweigh the costs of switching to something more efficient?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back