Wall mounted TV cable management

Yes I was fully aware that specific one would not work. I just wanted advise to see if that sort of kit was good value.

Sponsored Links
dannybambi,

If your issue is as per my post (i.e. power lead from TV won't reach socket) then you have two options AFAICS viz.

(1) Assuming the power lead plugs into the TV and is not wired into the set, buy a longer power lead (as suggested)

(2) If the power lead is wired into the TV set then use a connector to join the exisiting TV lead to a longer length of flex.

Is the power cable for the TV plugged in to it or 'hard-wired' ??

I was assuming he was going to install a socket behind the tv.

That's what I'd be doing, it's certainly the tidiest solution

Sponsored Links
I was assuming he was going to install a socket behind the tv.

That's what I'd be doing, it's certainly the tidiest solution

I didn't get that impression but I have asked the questions of The OP.

I think surface mounted trunking is uglier than a power cable hanging down and chasing the wall and fitting a new socket using a spur, T&E etc. is a heck of a lot of work even if the OP was competent enough.

After all, I assume the other wires will come out of the TV and go down to the media unit for their connections.

Anyhoo.....no arguments from me here...need to wait and see precisely what the OP wants..

B

Hi Guys,

I simply want my tv mounted on the wall with the cables hidden in the wall and coming out behind the media unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back