Wall mounting a tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just bought a Bosch heat pump / condensor tumble dryer WTW87560GB. I really need to wall mount it due to space restrictions.

Can't really find what seem to be appropriate brackets online. Is there anything anyone can recommend. Its depth is 590mm and weighs approx 55Kg.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Steve,
55kg on a 590mm shelf is a lot of load on a bracket of any size - especially when you consider you may also lean on that shelf and dump in wet clothes.

There are these 500mm and 600mm shelf brackets that might work if your wall fixings are strong enough.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Du...hash=item3ae29a44a8:m:mUAxQPDuL0Axy8LV16Vhw_A

But you have to remember that there will be a lot of load on the screws that go into the wall, with a lot of the force working to pull the screws out (rather than downward loading)

So you should really be considering legs at the front of the shelf onto the ground (or attaching the shelf to two walls (ie in a corner):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=table+leg&_sacat=0

SFK

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks SFK. Think I agree. Going to go for the stacking kit and stick it directly on top of washing machine. Thanks for advice.

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Probably 40 years ago my mum bought an automatic hover washer and tumble drier. They came with a stacking kit that was basically a square frame /band that had an inner rim so that it sat on top of the washer And then the drier stacked on top

There must be a modern version

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back