wall panels to block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Built a summer house, 3x3, single leaf Gp1 block
can I secure decorative bathroom pvc panels with grab adhisive on to the block, or would 2x1 battens be better, if so, would I need to lnsulate the walls between the battens, the width of panels are 250mm, to minimize battens can they be fixed horizontal?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
"decorative bathroom pvc panels", are the panels solid or blown mouldings? If the backs of the panels are rough (or roughed up!!) a grab adhesive would work, but only with a solid back to the panels. I have seen blown PVC panels where they need to be glued to a proper flat surface and even then, the centres of the moulded "tiles" were very soft.
Spend the money on insulation otherwise it will over heat in summer. Which brings me back to your PVC panels, they will expand/contact in length due to the extremes in temperatures (20*F in winter, 80*F in summer), the block wall will not changes as much, could cause the panels to buckle/fall off.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back