Wall tear down and Permition advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have a bit problem with Wall on Hall/Staircase which I want to demolish, and do not know is that is possible, will be great full for any advice given.

I will have a company which will make me a new wooden staircase, which involve to destroy landing space into one straight stair, but that need tear down a wall which lad on the phone do not really understand

Is this wall can be removed without any danger to ceiling to collapse?
Do I need any planning permition?
I have attrached some pictures so is better to view.

Planning to demolish wall myself, then rebuild ceiling with plasterboards and company will make staircase straight.

Thank you very much for advice

If more pictures(wideo) needed i can provide it.

IMG_20190115_110442.jpg IMG_20190115_110515.jpg IMG_20190115_110610.jpg IMG_20190115_110658.jpg

Sponsored Links
but that need tear down a wall which lad on the phone do not really understand

Maybe you need to send him a wideo....

Planning Permission is not needed.

In this instance, judging by what is provided, you will want to speak with a decent builder and get him to do the job for you.

I'd say that wall is likely not a supporting wall. But a small chance that it is. You won't know unless you take up floorboards or knock a hole in the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for help

That what i thought that is not a supporting wall,
We all want to save a bit of money that why i didnt call builder to do the job, as this is not a high skill job, and I am able to do a lot of stuff of my own,

The only problem is that I am not 100 percent sure how the house been build, that why I am asking.

I think i will call decent builder to dig into to ceiling and tell me that it can be removed safe and then I will knock it down.

I seen on friends house how big the hall is without that wall, so It deffinitely need to go.

Thanks

... or just knock down the wall

Good idea without questions, then just wait what happen. Cheers

'Just knock down the wall and see what happens ' - yes, the first floor will collapse if the wall is loadbearing. It could be supporting the first floor joists , (impossible to tell from the photos), although joists probably span across the width of the hall but you need to find out.

I will open (remove) ceiling inside this cupboard as it been lowered, it lower that hall ceiling then i can see what is going on, if i wont be sure is not supporting nothing then I call builders. So i will be safe. Thank everyone for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back