wall ties

They are doing what the BRE digest suggest they do, red corrosion means the lifespan on the tie is up and it will blow the mortar sooner or later. To prevent this remedial ties are suggested as a minimum action. The table they mention has 9 levels, 1 being nice clean ties, 9 being total failure.. so 6 is up the higher end.
Get a few quote to do the work, all you need in the end is a guarantee/certificate for buyer.. or let him get the quotes and reduce the selling price by that and let him get it sorted when hes moved in.

Sponsored Links
does this not include removing the corroded ties as well? i am looking into the same thing myself as a house i am buying has huge cracks, can i ask who you got the quote from? :)

Hi all

Just a quick :?: i had a company do a survey report which specialize in wall ties,

The report came back as, the ties are showing evidence of corrosion to a level 6 based on BRE Digest 401 table 2, :confused:

Anyway there recommendation is to use REMEDIAL wall ties.

They stated in the survey that they drilled holes ( S ) AS IN MORE THAN ONE, but they done 1 hole :confused:

The Quotation was £ 1297.00 = to locate existing wall ties and replace with these REMEDIAL TIES,

Does any one think this is a bit high as in price, bearing in mind,

!st its a terrace house ( 2 bed )

2nd been on the net and you can get 100 remedial ties for £150 - or less

Any feed back good or bad are welcome, :LOL:

thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back