wall tie

3 Sep 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have just cut a 6 inch a hole through my cavity wall and installed a cooker hood vent kit, all went well except that afterwards I found a wall tie in the rubble. I would like to fit a single or 2 remedial wall ties one either side in its place, is there a small kit with fixing tool I can purchase rather than pay £150 for a set of 50 with tool. Also...considering a good anchorage, the wall is 2 rows of 4 inch concrete block, they are hollowed blocks, what will be the best type of wall tie to install Thanks for any help .
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah forget it. You've got whole areas of wall with no ties anyway ... aka windows and doors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local