Wallpaper insects

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Just bought my house a few months ago and have today notices what I thought was mould on the wall which was covered by a wardrobe. When I looked closer the mould appears to be caused by some tiny insects that are just wondering around.

I have sprayed them with antibacterial in a vain attempt to murder them but when I checked again the dead ones have been replaced by healthy bugs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what these are and how I can get rid of them?

After spraying them I took a wet cloth and the mould substance just wipes away with no clear damage to the wall paper.

All in all I'm not too happy about these things sharing my house :mad:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Craig

Sponsored Links
photo?

size and shape of the creatures?

have a look at them with a lens. if they are small they may be baby spiders. It is possible to hoover them up.

Do you have any plants in the room?

If they are insects they are not bacteria. But you can get a "crawling insect" killer spray that lives traces of poison on surfaces and i think it soaks in through their feet. One used to be called "Dethlac" but you will also find then called Cockroach Killer. i put some behind my kitchen cabinets.

Look for what they are eating. If not plants, could it be food traces? there are tiny mites that eat flour, cereals etc but they don't usually wander far. Some insects will fly in through the window if you have your window open and the lights on.

Don't put Deathlac on your wallpaper it'll go all brown if you do.

Sponsored Links
No I often use it to keep spiders away from alarm PIR sensors. It goes a nasty brown colour over a few months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back