Wallpaper marks---help

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Have emulsioned below a dado rail up the stairway for a relative. She got the paint from B&Q...it's one of those fancy ones with a fancy name but to me its just a dark coloured emulsion. Question is.....it marks badly but she wants that colour as it matches floor tiles...can I repaint it and then go over it with a varnish or similar to protect it from marking ?
Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Yeh it's matt emulsion mate...B&Q Old Heritage range or something. Marks at the slightest touch.

I thought perhaps it was, to keep the Matt finish the best product is Polyvine flat Matt Decorators varnish, this is an Acrylic system and for the best results it should be applied using a Synthetic bristle brush.

Firstly as the paintwork is marked it will need to be re-painted, seeing as this is a porus surface thin the product approx 10% and for optimum protection a three coat application would be recommended. Take a gander and let me know your thoughts.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate,,,never heard of it but will google or ask at Johnstones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back