wallpaper peeled off from sides

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wallpapered a room yesterday and it all looked good. This morning a few of the edges had peeled off so I had to repaste them and stick them down but they don't fit as good as they did originally.

what did i do wrong?why did the edges peel?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Id wager that either you didnt paste very well, or possibly (depending on the wall you papered) the wall surface may have needed sealing and has sucked the water from your paste

The paper has shrunk as its dried, the surface tension on the paper has pulled it back......what you needed to do was wet it first and allow the paste you used to re stick it to soak in a little.

As for why the joints sprung...so many possiblities, the wall, the mixture, the type of paper, your pasting technique, over soaking..

Dont worry about it..just stick em back down...if you do have a gap in the seam try using chalk, coloured pencil, felt tip on it..it use poster paints, so I can make up a similar colour.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the tips especially about letting any bits i repaste soak :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back