wallpaper & plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , a project that i am doing is now onto decorating...i was thinking of using plywood , attach lining paper and then use a textured wallpaper over that..
Any special considerations re the plywood preparation..PVA ..etc or just a normal 'size' mix..thanks...

Sponsored Links
Hi , its in a summerhouse and i was a bit worried about damp etc affecting the plasterboards...not too sure if it would ?

You can get moisture resistant stuff (green).

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe for reply... I have seen that...but wasn't too sure that it would defeat the purpose..i.e moisture resistant and then i slap a load of paste etc all over it...i don't know why i'm nervous regarding any plasterboard based thing . Prob because everything else is timber ?

Why would you want dreadful texture paper in a new build? :confused:

How do you know its dreadful?
Thanks but i think we'll leave it there

Anyway...after that ...can anyone assist re the original post re 'sizing or PVA plywood ? thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back