wallpapering help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I need to wallpaper around a fancy bit of fireplace I thought of making a template out of paper, but it is proving impossible. apart from winging it with a stanley, I dont know what to do any help thanks
update to give aproximate idea
trying to up load photo
is there some kind of lazer thingy or any thing else I could do beside
use a stanley.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the image it is a bit simpler than I was expecting.
Basically you need to make a series of radial cuts (horizontal snips) to all the points where the fireplace meets the wall. When you have done this, you will be able to fold the paper neatly into the contours and press it firmly into place. This can all be done when the paper is pasted and if you hold a flat bladed scraper against the wallpaper you will be able to easily slice through excess paper with a new stanley blade tight to the fireplace without fear of ripping it.
You can cut the basic shape before pasting but don't try to be too accurate because the paper will expand a little when pasted and so will still need trimming.
Unfortunately no laser cutter is available for this type of job :( but it's quite straightforward really.

I know my eyes are not as good as they were, that is perhaps why I cannot see any image.

Dec

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back