Wallpapering onto a mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my living room used to be a bedroom and has a wall of mirrored sliding doors. We don't want to take the mirrors out and can't afford to swap them for something else. Would it be possible for us to paper over the mirror, and how would we do this? Thanks in advance for your replies ;)

Sponsored Links
i think the lack of replies is just that i don`t think any of us have tried to paper over mirrors before, all i can say is give it a go and let us know how you get on........

It might work if you use border and overlap adhesive..but ive never heard of it being attempted before

I would doubt if any paper would stick to such a smooth surface. You could use sheets of 1/8th ply glued on with mirror adhesive then paper over that..

Sponsored Links
I would agree with the border adhesive suggestion.

Or perhaps PVA glue, strong stuff from a builders merchant with extra sticky in :D

You also have to think, will I ever return them to just mirrored doors??
You may want to do that some day if your going to sell the house etc.

Then, there is always double sided tape :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back