walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D hi all i want a wall knocked through it the living/ex garage my garage was converted in to a dinning room many yrs ago but i would like the wall knocked through to open it all with 2 folding back doors is this possible with it being an outside wall even if the room is converted and how much approx would it cost

Sponsored Links
_41273577_johnny_ball203.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well, well into 4 figures; if it's an attached garage it will almost certainly be an external, structural wall requiring some substantial support steelwork before you can knock through. The work thats already been done (if any) on the external garage walls/roof as part of the original conversion may not comply with current Building Regs. with regard to insulation which will be picked up when your current work is inspected & it will probably need upgrading; decent fold back doors will cost you £0000's on their own!

The only way your going to know for sure is to get some quotes form reputable builders; but remember it's notifyable work so keep away from the cheapo cowboys or your house might well fall down. :eek: & even if it doesn’t you may have problems selling it without the necessary compliance paper work! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back