Wallstar Boiler working with panel off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just moved to the UK from the States and never had oil heating before, so forgive me. I work with diesel heaters for aircraft which seems to be the same concept.

I had an engineer come out because the burner reset kept tripping every 5 minutes or so. He replaced the photocell, and a valve. It worked fine with him here. He paneled up and left and it was acting up again. Except this time it would last maybe 20-30 minutes. I called him and he came out again and replaced the box with the reset button on it and it worked for the entire hour he was here. Paneled up and left.

It started to act up again, so that night I decided to take the outside panel off and it worked completely fine the entire day. I had to reset it maybe twice yesterday but it worked great. I read that there are two resets; the overheat and the burner. Is it possible that it’s overheating inside and tripping the burner reset? Or what would actually make sense here?

Sponsored Links
oil solenoid coil is the most common fault for this, But second most common fault is the ignition unit. it is recommended on the benetone boilers that a combination of these components are changed at certain intervals.

Most common problem with Wallstars is the oil non return valve inside the cabinet. It is normal for the flexible tube to have a bubble in it, but if that grows, then lockouts occur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back